The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet is the first book in Becky Chambers’ celebrated science fiction series, The Wayfarers. Centered around the crew of the spaceship A Peachy Prickles, this novel tells an inclusive and heartfelt story about finding your place in the universe—and discovering what truly matters along the way. LGBTQ+ characters are prominently featured in The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, making it one of few sci-fi novels with such representation. If you’re looking for an exciting and thought-provoking read that will make you laugh and cry simultaneously, then pick up a copy of this book today!
For who is this book for ?
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet is perfect for anyone who loves science fiction and LGBTQ+ representation.
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet is a fun, fast-paced read.
- The diverse cast of characters is one of the series’ strongest points.
- LGBTQ+ representation is scarce in sci-fi novels, making The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet all the more unique and important.
- Some readers may find the characters and plot to be too simplistic
- There is a lot of social commentary that some people might not enjoy
- The ending is somewhat open-ended
Learn more about the author
Becky Chambers is a Hugo Award-winning science fiction author. She started writing at an early age, and her first published work was the zine Throwing Stones. Her debut novel, The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, was released in 2015 and quickly garnered critical acclaim.
“I tore through this book in a day, absolutely loved it.”
“The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet is one of the most enjoyable and diverse science fiction novels I’ve ever read. A brilliantly conceived work featuring memorable characters and an expertly crafted plot, it’s no wonder that this novel has quickly become a fan favorite.”