This book is a biography of John von Neumann, one of the most brilliant mathematicians and computer scientists in history. It tells the story of his life and work, including his pioneering contributions to game theory, quantum mechanics, fluid dynamics, and much more.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who is interested in the life and work of John von Neumann, one of the most brilliant mathematicians and computer scientists in history.
- The author does a great job of explaining complex concepts in a clear and concise way.
- The book is well organized and easy to read.
- It provides an in-depth look at the life and work of John von Neumann, one of the most important intellectuals of the 20th century.
- The author assumes a lot of prior knowledge on the part of the reader.
- The book is quite dense and may be difficult to follow for some readers.
- It can be quite dry at times, making it hard to stay interested in the subject matter.
Learn more about the author
Ananyo Bhattacharya is a mathematician and computer scientist who has written extensively about John von Neumann.
“This is an extremely well-written and impressively researched biography of one of the most important mathematicians and computer scientists in history. Ananyo Bhattacharya has done a fantastic job capturing both the man and his work, making this an indispensable resource for anyone interested in von Neumann’s life or mathematics and computing in general.”
“A thoroughly researched and well-written biography of one of the greatest mathematicians and computer scientists in history.”
“If you’re at all interested in the history of computing, or mathematics, then this is a book you must read. Ananyo Bhattacharya does an excellent job of capturing the essence of John von Neumann’s genius and translating it into accessible language for lay readers.”
“This is an amazing book! Ananyo Bhattacharya has done a terrific job of capturing the life and work of John von Neumann, one of the most brilliant mathematicians and computer scientists in history. The level of detail is astounding, and I learned things about Von Neumann that I never knew before. This book is a must-read for anyone interested in computers or mathematics.”