The New Tsar by Steven Lee Myers tells the story of Vladimir Putin’s rise to power and his subsequent reign as Russian president. Drawing on extensive interviews and newly declassified documents, Myers provides a detailed account of Putin’s political career, from his early days in the KGB to his controversial rule during the 21st century. This comprehensive biography sheds new light on one of the most enigmatic leaders in modern history.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who is interested in learning more about Vladimir Putin and his time as Russian president. It provides a detailed account of his rise to power and how he has managed to stay in office for so long.
- The New Tsar is a comprehensive biography of Vladimir Putin that sheds new light on his political career.
- The book is well researched, and draws on extensive interviews and newly declassified documents.
- Myers provides a detailed account of Putin’s rise to power and his controversial rule during the 21st century.
- The author provides a very detailed account of Putin’s political career.
- It is comprehensive and sheds new light on one of the most enigmatic leaders in modern history.
- The book might be too dense for some readers.
Learn more about the author
Steven Lee Myers is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who has covered Russia and the former Soviet Union for The New York Times since 1995.
“In the more than two decades Putin has ruled Russia, he has exercised near-total control over the media, crushed opposition, and re-made the country in his own image. The New Tsar offers a damning but well researched account of how this former KGB agent became one of history’s most powerful autocrats.”
“If you’re looking for an exhaustive biography on Vladimir Putin, look no further. Myers has crafted a detailed account of Russia’s president from his early days as a KGB agent to the present. The New Tsar is essential reading for any student of Russian politics.”
“An insightful, well-rounded portrait of one of the world’s most powerful and enigmatic leaders.”
“This is the best book I have read on Vladimir Putin. Myers does an excellent job of explaining who Putin is, where he came from, and how he became one of the most powerful leaders in the world.”