The Night She Disappeared is a riveting new novel from Lisa Jewell, the New York Times bestselling author of Watching You. When a young woman disappears after leaving work one night, her distraught fiancé and brother-in-law start their own investigation. What they discover will shatter their close-knit community.
For who is this book for ?
This book is perfect for mystery, thriller and suspense fans who are looking for a page-turning read. Lisa Jewell does an excellent job of creating tension and keeping readers guessing until the very end.
- Knots of suspense are expertly tied throughout the novel in a way that makes it hard to stop reading
- The characters feel very real and relatable, which only increases the emotional intensity of the plot
- Jewell has an uncanny ability to create a sense of place so vivid that readers will feel as if they’re right there on the streets with the characters
- The Night She Disappeared may be too intense for some readers.
- Some plot points may seem far-fetched to some.
- The ending may leave some readers unsatisfied.
Learn more about the author
Lisa Jewell is the author of thirteen novels, including The Girls in the Garden and Watching You. She has been nominated for several awards, including the CWA John Creasey Dagger Award andthe BAFTA TV Awards Best New Writer Award.
“Compelling . . .”
“Lisa Jewell creates suspenseful page-turners that keep you guessing until the very end. The Night She Disappeared is no exception – I read it in one sitting! Her characters are richly drawn and her plotting is top-notch; I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next.”
“Kept me up all night – couldn’t put it down!”
“The Night She Disappeared is one of those books that’s hard to put down. I read it in just two days, and the ending had me absolutely gripping my Kindle! Lisa Jewell does a wonderful job of creating characters you can’t help but invest in, making for an addicting read.”