The Order of Time is a book by Carlo Rovelli that discusses the nature of time from a scientific perspective. It covers topics such as relativity, quantum mechanics, and astrophysics, and offers insights into how our understanding of time has evolved over the centuries. The book is written in an accessible style and will be enjoyed by readers with an interest in science and philosophy.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are interested in the philosophy of time and want to know more about science. It gives a broad overview of our understanding of time, from philosophical concepts to scientific theories.
- The Order of Time provides a detailed but accessible overview of the nature of time, spanning from ancient philosophy to modern science.
- Rovelli is a master at making complex scientific concepts understandable for the average reader, and he does an excellent job of explaining difficult theories in an easy-to-follow manner.
- The book is thoroughly researched and well written, making it an enjoyable read for anyone interested in learning more about time.
- Doesn’t have enough pictures.
- The writing style is a bit too dry for my taste.
- It’s quite dense and might be difficult to follow for someone who doesn’t have a scientific background
Learn more about the author
Carlo Rovelli is a physicist and author who has been involved in many groundbreaking discoveries in the field of quantum gravity. He is currently a professor at Aix-Marseille University, and his work on time has garnered widespread acclaim.
“This slim, elegant volume by theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli offers a beguiling tour of the nature of time, from Aristotle to Einstein and beyond. . . . The Order of Time is suffused with both the heady thrill of scientific discovery and the ineffable magic of its revelations.”
“The Order of Time is a tour-de-force that will change the way you think about time. Carlo Rovelli brilliantly shows how modern physics has transformed our understanding of one of the most elemental aspects of existence.”
“Rovelli has written an elegant and insightful exploration of time…There are deep thoughts here for anyone interested in the nature of existence.”
“This is one of the most fascinating books I have ever read. Carlo Rovelli has a beautifully poetic way of describing some truly complex concepts, and makes even the most mind-bending theories easy to understand. If you’re looking for an enlightening exploration of time, space, and everything in between, then look no further.”