When the class goes on a field trip to an art museum, one student is sure that she saw a painting of a girl with no eyes. But when they return to the museum the next day, the painting is gone! This suspenseful story follows Sarah and her classmates as they try to unravel the mystery of what happened to the painting.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for children who are interested in suspenseful mysteries.
- The Painting That Wasn’t There is a suspenseful story that will keep kids hooked.
- The mystery of the painting will intrigue readers and have them wondering what happened.
- The characters are likable and relatable, which makes for an enjoyable reading experience.
- The Painting That Wasn’t There is a children’s audiobook, which may make it difficult for some younger readers to follow the storyline.
- The story can be suspenseful and may frighten some young listeners.
- Some of the vocabulary in the book may be too challenging for early elementary students.
Learn more about the author
Steve Brezenoff is the author of several books for young readers, including The Painting That Wasn’t There and Field Trip Mysteries. He has also worked as a teacher and an editor. Steve lives in Brooklyn, New York.
“The Painting That Wasn’t There is a fast-paced, intriguing mystery that will keep kids hooked until the end. The characters are well developed and easy to relate to, and the setting is vividly described. An excellent choice for fans of mysteries and art.”
“Steve Brezenoff’s The Painting That Wasn’t There is another great mystery for kids. My ten-year old and I loved trying to figure out what happened to the painting, guessing different scenarios along the way. And of course, being surprised by the ending! Fun read.”
“The Painting That Wasn’t There is a suspenseful story that will keep kids hooked until the end. The characters are well-developed and interesting, and the plot moves quickly. This would make an excellent choice for a read-aloud or bedtime story.”
“The Painting That Wasn’t There is a fast-paced and intriguing mystery that kids will love. I couldn’t put it down!”