In “The Perfect Weapon,” David E. Sanger paints a chilling picture of the cyber age, in which nations around the world battle for dominance with ever more sophisticated computer hacks. From Russia’s interference in the U.S. election to North Korea’s brazen attempt to steal millions of dollars from banks worldwide, Sanger reveals the inner workings of complex attacks and tells riveting stories about those who have waged them-including infamous villains like Vladimir Putin and mysterious heroes like the National Security Agency’s “anonymous.” Drawing on unprecedented access to top-secret command centers, intelligence archives, and the pioneering researchers.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone interested in learning about the inner workings of complex computer hacks and how they can impact our world. Sanger provides an insider’s perspective on this fascinating, ever-evolving topic, shedding light on events such as Russia’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election and North Korea’s attempted bank heists.
- This book offers a detailed, behind-the-scenes look at how different countries are using computer hacks to gain an advantage in the world.
- It is filled with fascinating stories about espionage and cyber warfare.
- The author has extensive knowledge and experience on the topic, which makes for an informative and engaging read
- Sanger’s coverage of topics is dense and often difficult to follow
- The Perfect Weapon does not include enough discussion about the individual people behind cyberattacks
- At times, Sanger overemphasizes the threat posed by cyberweapons
Learn more about the author
David E. Sanger is the chief Washington correspondent for The New York Times and a winner of the Pulitzer Prize. He has been reporting on national security issues for more than two decades and is the author of Confrontand Conceal, Nuclear Showdown, The Inheritance, and A World in Disarray. He lives in Washington D.C.
“Sanger does a masterful job tracing the origins and evolution of cyberwarfare. . .”
“David Sanger’s The Perfect Weapon is the definitive account of how cyberwarfare has become a tool for tyrants, terrorists, and aspiring digital dictators everywhere. This highly readable book provides both an alarming wake-up call about the vulnerability of our networks and critical infrastructure to state-sponsored hackers as well as a road map for finding and fixing those weaknesses before they can do even more damage.”
“A timely, important book. . .”
“The Perfect Weapon is the best book so far on the cyber-age arms race… a lively and informative read.”