The Princess Bride is a children’s audiobook by William Goldman. The book is a metafictional fairy tale, and tells the story of Buttercup, who is kidnapped by pirates and forced to marry their leader. She subsequently falls in love with another man, but her former husband comes back to claim her.
For who is this book for ?
I would say that this book is for children who are old enough to read and understand a fairy tale, but young enough not to be disturbed by violence or sexual content. It’s a great choice for kids who love adventure stories with happy endings.
- The Princess Bride is a children’s audiobook by William Goldman.
- The book is a metafictional fairy tale, and tells the story of Buttercup, who is kidnapped by pirates and forced to marry their leader.
- She subsequently falls in love with another man, but her former husband comes back to claim her.
- The book may be too complex for young children.
- Some of the language used in the audiobook may be difficult for children to understand.
- The story is quite long, and could potentially tire out younger listeners.
Learn more about the author
William Goldman is an American novelist, screenwriter and film producer. He wrote the Princess Bride in 1973, and it was published in 1974.
“This book is wonderfully written and makes you want to keep reading. I finished it in two days because I just could not put it down! The story line is amazing, and all of the characters are very likable (except Humperdinck… yuck!). If you’re looking for a good read that will make you laugh out loud, this is definitely the one.”
“The Princess Bride is a clever, funny and sweet fairy tale. William Goldman’s metafictional story telling makes the listener feel like they are part of the action taking place in front of them. The characters are likable and their dialogue is witty.”
“The Princess Bride is one of my favorite books. I love the story and the characters. This audiobook is great because William Goldman does a fabulous job of performing all the parts himself. He makes you feel like you are right there in the story with him.”