If you’re looking for a hilarious and laugh-out-loud funny read, then look no further than Gabrielle Stone’s The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl! In this sequel to her bestseller Eat, Pray, #FML, Book 2 follows the continuing ridiculous misadventures of main character Jane as she travels the globe in search of love – and fulfillment. With incisive humor and biting wit, Stone skewers everything from contrived dating apps to pretentious coffee shops in her quest for happiness – proving that single life can be one big adventure after all. If you loved Bridget Jones’ Diary or Trainwreck, then don’t miss out on The Ridiculous Misadventures of a Single Girl!
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who loves a good laugh. Gabrielle Stone’s hilarious take on single life will have you chuckling from beginning to end. If you’re looking for a funny, light read that will keep you entertained, then this is the book for you!
- The author has a great sense of humor and writes in a light, fun style that is easy to read and hilarious.
- The protagonist is relatable and readers will enjoy following her adventures around the world.
- Stone provides plenty of insight into the single life, from dating mishaps to dealing with family members who don’t understand your choices.
- The book is written in first person point of view, which can be a bit tedious at times.
- The author’s humor can be a bit too vulgar and crass for some readers.
- The plot is somewhat predictable and formulaic.
Learn more about the author
Gabrielle Stone is a writer and humorist who spends most of her time traveling the globe in search of love (and fulfillment). A graduate of New York University, Gabrielle has worked as a journalist, copywriter, and editor. She currently resides in Brooklyn, NY.
“Hilarious and laugh-out-loud funny from beginning to end!”
“Stone has a razor-sharp wit and an uncanny ability to find the funny in even the most mundane situations.”
“Stone has an uncanny ability to find the humor in everyday life and make it easy for readers to laugh along with her.Single girl Jane’s misadventures will have you shaking your head in laughter one minute and then relating to her struggles the next.”
“Stone’s book is laugh-out-loud funny, and her take on the single girl’s journey is both insightful and entertaining. I loved it!”