The Sea of Monsters is the eagerly awaited follow-up novel to The Lightning Thief. In this second book in the series, young Percy Jackson must journey into the sea in order to save his friend and protect Olympus from a fearsome creature known as Kronos. Along with Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood, Percy sets sail on an epic adventure that will take them deep into the heart of Greek mythology. Narrated by award-winning actor Jesse Bernstein, this audiobook brings all the excitement and magic of Riordan’s bestselling novels to life for listeners of all ages.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for children and young adults who love adventure, mythology, and excitement. Fans of the Percy Jackson series will not want to miss this second installment in the adventures of Percy and his friends. Jesse Bernstein’s narration brings all the action to life with thrilling energy, making The Sea of Monsters a perfect choice for listening on long car trips or during bedtime stories.
- Jesse Bernstein’s narration is excellent, bringing the characters and action to life
- The novel is faithful to Greek mythology, providing a great introduction for young readers
- It’s exciting and well written, keeping listeners engaged from beginning to end.
- The Sea of Monsters can be confusing for listeners who are not familiar with Greek mythology
- The length might be too much for some young children
- Some of the humor might go over kids’ heads
Learn more about the author
Rick Riordan is the author of The Sea of Monsters, Book 2 in the Percy Jackson and Olympians series. He is also the author of The Lightning Thief, The Battle of the Labyrinth, and The Titan’s Curse, books 1-3 in that same series. Rick lives in San Antonio with his wife and two sons.
“I couldn’t put it down!”
“5/5 stars. Rick Riordan rocks!”
“A great book for all ages. Jesse Bernstein’s narration is perfect and really brings the characters to life.”
“Jesse Bernstein does a great job with the narration. He really brings all the characters to life and makes them believable.”