Ned Johnson’s The Self-Driven Child provides parents with the tools they need to give their children more control over their lives. Through scientific research and real-world examples, Johnson shows how giving kids more choice and responsibility can help them learn faster, develop resilience, and thrive.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for any parent who wants to help their children be more successful and independent. In The Self-Driven Child, Johnson provides clear explanations of how to give kids the freedom they need while also providing guidance and support.
- The book is backed by scientific research.
- The book has many real-world examples.
- The author provides parents with the tools they need to help their children succeed.
- The first con is that the author suggests too much independence for young children can backfire.
- The second concern with this book is giving kids more choice and responsibility in their lives instead of making decisions for them could result in anxiety or even disobedience.
- A third critique would be some parents may not have the time to give there children enough control over their lives nor do they feel comfortable doing so.
Learn more about the author
Ned Johnson is a father, educator, and the CEO of iD Tech Camps. He has spoken at leading education conferences around the world and his work with students has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Newsweek, Fast Company, Inc., and more.
“An excellent guide for parents looking to help their children become more self-sufficient and driven. Ned Johnson provides clear, concise information that is well researched and easy to follow.”
“The Self-Driven Child is a must read for all parents. Ned Johnson provides clear and practical advice on how to give our children the skills they need to thrive in today’s world. This book is packed with information, but it’s easy to read and filled with helpful stories.”
“This book is a gem! It is well written, informative, and provides helpful insights and strategies for helping kids become more self-reliant. I highly recommend it.”
“This book is a godsend! It has given me the tools I need to help my son take more control of his life, and as a result he is thriving. Thank you, Ned Johnson!”