The Speckled Beauty is a book about a dog named Simon and his people. Rick Bragg tells the story of how Simon came to be part of their family, and how they all fell in love with him. This is a heartwarming tale that will make you laugh and cry, and it’s full of beautiful photographs of Simon throughout his life.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who loves dogs, and wants to read a heartwarming story about the bond between man and his best friend.
- The story is touching and will make you laugh and cry
- The photographs are beautiful and full of emotion
- It’s a heartwarming tale
- The author tells the story of how Simon came to be part of their family, rather than letting readers know from the beginning that it’s a book about a dog.
- The photographs throughout the book are mostly black and white, which makes them less interesting to look at.
- There is no index or table of contents, making it difficult to find specific information in the text.
Learn more about the author
Rick Bragg is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author who has written extensively about his home state of Alabama. He is the proud owner of Simon, a speckled pit bull mix who has stolen his heart.
“This book is wonderful! I laughed and cried throughout the entire thing. The author’s writing style is so lyrical and lovely, and the photographs are absolutely breathtaking.”
“This book is a must-read for any dog lover. Simon is such an amazing dog, and I felt like I was right there with him and his family through everything. The photos are stunning, too.”
“The Speckled Beauty is a beautiful book about the love between a dog and his people. Simon is an amazing dog, and Rick Bragg tells his story with humor and sensitivity. The photographs are gorgeous, and I couldn’t put this book down.”
“This is a must-read book for all dog lovers! Simon is such an amazing and special dog, and Rick Bragg’s writing makes you feel like you’re right there with them. I couldn’t put it down!”