The Stand is a post-apocalyptic science fiction and fantasy novel written by Stephen King. The book was published in 1978, and it tells the story of a group of survivors after most of humanity has been killed by a pandemic disease called “Captain Tripps”.
For who is this book for ?
- The Stand is a well written and compelling story.
- It is an interesting post-apocalyptic tale.
- The characters are richly developed and intriguing.
- The plot can be difficult to follow
- The book is very long (over 900 pages)
- Some readers find the ending disappointing
Learn more about the author
Stephen King is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction and fantasy. He has written more than fifty books during his career and he is one of the best-selling authors in the world.
“The Stand is an epic masterpiece that you won’t be able to put down. Stephen King weaves a web of unforgettable characters and exciting plotlines, leading up to one of the most heart-wrenching endings ever written.”
“The Stand is an epic tale of good and evil, health and sickness, freedom and enslavement. It’s about the ultimate showdown between a group of ragtag survivors led by a courageous woman and the dark man himself: Randall Flagg, the Walkin’ Dude.”
“The Stand is an amazing, epic novel. It’s one of my favorite books of all time.”