The Thief is the story of a young thief who stumbles upon something he never expected. Eugenides has spent his life learning how to take what isn’t his, but when he steals an artifact from the royal palace, he winds up with more than he bargained for. The queen asks him to steal her daughter’s potential husband so she can avoid an arranged marriage; instead of just smuggling him out of the country, Eugenides finds himself protecting and training Prince Khalil. As they get closer to their goal, both men must face dangerous enemies – including each other. Author Megan Whalen Turner crafts another thrilling adventure full of political intrigue, betrayals, and secrets in this standalone novel set in her popular series world.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for Young Adults who are fans of adventure and intrigue.
- The Thief is an exciting adventure story with a well-developed setting and strong characters.
- Megan Whalen Turner writes compelling stories with intriguing plot twists that are hard to put down.
- The Thief is a standalone novel, but it can also be read as part of a series, which adds to its appeal.
- The Thief may be a standalone novel, but it’s heavily influenced by Turner’s other works in the series world. Readers who haven’t read those books may find themselves lost or confused.
- The climax of the book feels rushed and anticlimactic after all the build-up.
- Some of the characters are underdeveloped, which can make it difficult to get invested in their storylines.
Learn more about the author
Megan Whalen Turner is the author of The Thief,The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia. She lives in Ohio with her husband and son I really enjoyed this book! It’s a standalone novel set in Megan Whalen Turner’s popular series world. Eugenides has spent his life learning how to take what isn’t his, but when he steals an artifact from the royal palace, he winds up with more than he bargained for – including dangerous enemies. As they get closer to their goal, both men must face difficult choices. I liked that it was fast-paced and full of political intrigue; it kept me engaged until the very end.
“The Thief is an amazing book. Turner’s writing is lyrical and the plot gripping.”
“I loved The Thief! It’s a smart, funny adventure story with characters who are both likable and nuanced. Turner has created a rich world full of politics and magic, and I can’t wait to see more from her.”
“I absolutely loved it. Turner’s world-building and characterization are top-notch, and the NopeMiddle Eastern setting is fascinating.”
“The Thief is an excellent book. It has adventure, mystery, and romance. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes a good story.”