This book tells the story of how two brothers, Wilbur and Orville Wright, managed to build the world’s first successful airplane. It is a tale of innovation and determination, as well as skill and bravery. The Wright Brothers is an inspiring read for anyone interested in aviation or technology history.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for those who are interested in aviation and technology history.
- This book is a great read for anyone interested in aviation or technology history.
- The story of the Wright Brothers is inspiring and full of amazing facts.
- This book is well written and easy to understand.
- The Wright Brothers is a dense read, with a lot of technical information about aviation history.
- It can be difficult to follow the brothers’ progression from experiment to invention.
- The book does not have many pictures or illustrations.
Learn more about the author
David McCullough is a highly acclaimed historian and author. He has written numerous books on American history, including 1776, The Johnstown Flood, and Truman.
“If you are at all interested in history, technology or the human spirit then The Wright Brothers is a must read book. McCullough does an amazing job of describing not only what the Wrights did but also how they thought and why it was so important to them.”
“A thoroughly enjoyable read. McCullough does a superb job of recounting the Wright brothers’ struggle to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds and make manned flight a reality.”
“This is one of the best biographies I have read in a long time. The author does an excellent job of portraying the Wright brothers as real people, with strengths and weaknesses like anyone else.”
“This book is a must read for anyone interested in the origins of flight. McCullough does an excellent job of recounting the Wright brothers’ journey to build the first successful airplane, and he provides interesting insights into their personalities. The story is well-paced and highly readable.”