The Year of Living Danishly is a travelogue and guide to the secrets of happiness that author Helen Russell discovered after moving to Denmark. The book takes readers on a tour through all aspects of Danish culture, from the country’s odd work-life balance to its love for pastries and coffee. Along the way, Russell shares insights into what makes Danes some of the happiest people in the world.
For who is this book for ?
Anyone who has ever wondered what makes the Danes so happy will enjoy this book. Helen Russell provides an insightful tour of Danish culture, with plenty of tips on how to replicate some of their happiness in your own life.
- The author’s witty and engaging writing style makes the book enjoyable to read.
- The book provides an interesting overview of Danish culture.
- It offers some insights into why Danes are reported to be some of the happiest people in the world.
- The Year of Living Danishly is a little bit dry and might not hold the attention of all readers
- Russell’s insights into Danish culture can be somewhat simplified or generalized
- The book does not contain as much concrete advice on how to replicate Denmark’s happiness secrets in other countries
Learn more about the author
Helen Russell is a British journalist and the author of The Year of Living Danishly. She moved to Denmark in 2012 with her husband, an Englishman who had taken a job as sports editor for a Danish newspaper. Russell was initially skeptical about whether she would be able to adjust to life in Denmark, but soon discovered that the country offered plenty of secrets to happiness.
“If you’re looking for a light and fun read that will make you appreciate Denmark just a little bit more, pick up The Year of Living Danishly.”
“A fascinating and insightful exploration of Danish culture and the secrets to their happiness. If you’re looking to be happier, or just want a better understanding of what makes Danes so content, then this is the book for you.”
“If you’re considering a move to Denmark, or are just interested in what makes the Danes so happy, then this book is definitely for you.”
“If you want to be inspired and learn how to live a happy life, this is the book for you! Helen takes us on her journey of moving to Denmark and all the amazing discoveries she made about what makes Danish people so content. It’s full of wonderful insights that will make you eager to start living more Danishly yourself.”