When a zombie apocalypse hits the Big Easy, all of New Orleans is in trouble. But one plucky pre-teen is determined to make the most of it! With her trusty dog by her side, she sets out explore the city and meet new friends – both undead and living. This light-hearted adventure will have listeners laughing out loud as they follow along on this zomedy journey through The Crescent City.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for those who are interested in zombies, adventures and laugh out loud moments.
- Humorous take on a zombie apocalypse
- Unique setting for a zombie story
- Entertaining read
- The Zombie Who Visited New Orleans is a children’s audiobook that may be too juvenile for some adults.
- The audio production quality could be better, as it can be difficult to understand the narrator at times.
- Some of the jokes and puns in the book may fall flat, or seem recycled.
Learn more about the author
Steve Brezenoff is the author of novels for adults and young readers, including Brooklyn Burning and The Zombie Who Visited New Orleans. He lives in Minneapolis with his wife and son.
“This hilarious audiobook is perfect for kids who love zomedy adventures! It’s packed with laughs and the perfect accompaniment to any road trip.”
“An uproarious and infectiously fun take on the zombie genre.”
“This hysterical book had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. The adventures of a pre-teen zombie in the Big Easy are enchanting and entertaining from start to finish.”
“It’s a really funny book with zombies. I like how the main character is trying to find ways to have fun even though there’s a zombie apocalypse going on.”