Theft by Finding is a compilation of diaries written by David Sedaris between 1977 and 2002. The book chronicles Sedaris’ life as he comes to terms with his sexuality and embarks on a career in writing. Theft by Finding offers an honest, unvarnished glimpse into the life of one of America’s most beloved humorists.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to get an inside look into the life of one of America’s most beloved humorists. It offers an honest, unvarnished glimpse into Sedaris’ life as he comes to terms with his sexuality and embarks on a career in writing.
- The writing is witty and funny.
- It provides an honest glimpse into the life of David Sedaris.
- The book offers a wide range of topics, from Sedaris’ sexuality to his career in writing.
- May be triggering for those who have experienced sexual assault
- Some content may be offensive to some readers
- Could cause arguments among friends or family members due to its candid nature
Learn more about the author
David Sedaris is a bestselling author and humorist who has been featured on This American Life, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and NPR’s Fresh Air. He is the author of five previous collections of essays, including Barrel Fever and Naked.
“This is an amazing book. I never laughed so hard in my life.”
“If you’re a fan of David Sedaris, this book is a must-read. If you’ve never read anything by him before, start with his essays – they’re some of the best I’ve ever come across.”
“Even within the subtitled genre of LGBTQ+ nonfiction, Theft by Finding stands out as a brutally honest and remarkably funny chronicle of one man’s life… Sedaris’ talent for turning apparently mundane experiences into side-splittingly hilarious anecdotes is on full display.”