then she was gone is a novel by Lisa Jewell about a mother who seemingly vanishes from her home one night, leaving behind her husband and daughter. As the search for the missing woman continues, long-buried secrets from her past begin to surface. Told from multiple perspectives, including that of the investigating detective, this suspenseful thriller will keep readers guessing until the very end.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who enjoys a good mystery or thriller. It has multiple perspectives, which makes it especially suspenseful and keeps the reader guessing until the end.
- The suspense in the plot will keep readers hooked until the end.
- The different perspectives make it an interesting read.
- The reveal of secrets from the past is well done and adds to the overall mystery of what happened to MK.
- The ending is unsatisfying and doesn’t provide a clear answer to the mystery.
- The plot feels derivative of other, better thrillers.
- Some of the characters are underdeveloped
Learn more about the author
Lisa Jewell is the author of several novels, including the New York Times bestseller Then She Was Gone. Her work has been translated into more than thirty languages and she has been nominated for a variety of awards, including the Crime thriller Club’s Thriller Award. Her novel The Girls in the Garden was longlisted for the prestigious Man Booker Prize.
“This was an intense, fast-paced thriller that I could not put down. The suspense was palpable and the reveals were shocking. I highly recommend this book!”
“Then She Was Gone is a riveting, fast-paced thriller that kept me guessing until the very end. Lisa Jewell has written an intense and multi-layered mystery with well drawn characters that I couldn’t help but root for.”
“An intense and harrowing ride that will have your heart racing from beginning to end.”
“A riveting and emotionally charged read that kept me guessing until the very end.”