This book tells the story of two mountaineers, Joe Simpson and Simon Yates, and their harrowing experience after they were forced to abandon their ascent up a mountain in Peru. After descending from the summit, Simpson fell into a deep crevasse and was left dangling by his rope over an abyss. In spite of all odds, he survived the fall and struggled back to camp with horrific injuries. This true-life adventure is one of courage and determination that will leave you breathless.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for those who are interested in true-life adventures and want to read about someone’s courageous journey.
- Touching the Void is a riveting account of one man’s will to survive against all odds
- The story is well-written and easy to read, even for those who are not avid climbers
- It provides an interesting glimpse into the high-stakes world of mountaineering
- It is a bit too intense for some readers
- It may be difficult to follow the logistics of mountaineering
- Some parts are hard to read because of the graphic nature of Simpson’s injuries
Learn more about the author
Joe Simpson is an experienced mountaineer and the author of Touching the Void, which tells the story of his harrowing experience after he was forced to abandon his ascent up a mountain in Peru.
“Touching the Void is an utterly compelling story of intense courage and determination in the face of overwhelming odds. I could not put it down.”
“Touching the Void is an edge-of-your-seat adventure that you won’t be able to put down. Joe Simpson’s story of survival against all odds is one that will stay with you long after you finish reading it.”
“Touching the Void is a heart-stopping account of one man’s courage in the face of almost certain death. Told with passion and precision, Joe Simpson’s story will leave you holding your breath until the very end.”
“Touching the Void is more than a tale of bold adventure; it is also the story of one man’s psychological and physical resilience in the face of extreme danger. Simpson’s gripping account will leave you breathless.”