Touching the Void is a gripping, true-life adventure story about climbers Joe Simpson and Simon Yates, who find themselves in a desperate situation while scaling a mountain in the Andes. With little food or equipment, they are forced to make an arduous descent with limited visibility and treacherous conditions. As their journey becomes increasingly harrowing, readers will be on the edge of their seats until the very end.
For who is this book for ?
Touching the Void is a compelling, edge-of-your-seat read for anyone who loves adventure stories. Simpson and Yates’s harrowing experiences on the mountain will keep readers glued to the page until the very end.
- Touching the Void is a thrilling adventure story that will keep readers on the edge of their seats
- The author, Joe Simpson, is a master at recounting exciting stories in an suspenseful way
- This book sheds light on the dangers and challenges of mountaineering
- The author’s writing style may not be for everyone
- It is a very dense book, with lots of information about mountain climbing
- Some readers may find the ending anticlimactic
Learn more about the author
Joe Simpson is a world-renowned mountaineer and author. He has written several books about his adventures in the mountains, including Touching the Void, which was made into a successful movie.
“A thrilling, white-knuckle account of one man’s fight for survival.”
“Touching the Void is one of the most riveting adventure stories ever written. It’s also a profound meditation on courage and self-reliance.”
“touching the void is one of the most insanely captivating and intense books ive ever read. it had my heart racing and palms sweating from beginning to end.”
“Touching the Void is one of the most suspenseful and frightening books I have ever read. It kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end.”