Uganda Be Kidding Me is a travelogue by comedian Chelsea Handler, recounting her experiences traveling to Africa with her friends. Along the way, she encounters various cultural and jungle-related hazards, including an encounter with a mountain lion.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for Chelsea Handler fans, as well as those interested in travel and tourism. It provides a humorous look at the author’s misadventures while traveling in Africa.
- The author is funny and charming, making the story enjoyable to read.
- The book provides a unique perspective on Africa that is not often found in travelogues.
- It contains many interesting facts about Uganda and its culture.
- The author’s sense of humor may not be to everyone’s taste.
- The book is somewhat shallow, lacking in substantive information about Africa or its people.
- It may inspire Wanderlust in some readers, but others may find it cringe-worthy.
Learn more about the author
Chelsea Handler is a comedian, TV host and author. She has written four books, three of which were New York Times bestsellers. Uganda Be Kidding Me is her most recent book, and was published in 2014.
“This is a hilarious book written by Chelsea Handler about her trip to Africa. I could not put it down! She had me laughing out loud on many occasions.”
“Honest and hilarious.”
“This book is hilarious! Chelsea takes you on a wild adventure through Africa with her wacky group of friends. I could not put it down!”
“Uganda Be Kidding Me is laugh-out-loud funny, but it’s also a poignant and incisive exploration of the human condition. Chelsea Handler has written a modern masterpiece.”