George Thompson’s Verbal Judo is one of the most popular communication books ever written. In this updated edition, he has added new material on how to deal with difficult people and big challenges, as well as a wealth of fresh stories and examples. Thompson shows that verbal judo is not about winning or losing arguments; it’s about reaching agreements that everybody can live with. You’ll learn how to listen attentively, express yourself clearly, and turn confrontations into opportunities for mutual understanding.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to communicate more effectively. Thompson’s approach is gentle and nonviolent, but it’s also very effective in getting results. If you’re looking for a way to get your point across without resorting to aggression or domination, Verbal Judo is the perfect guide.
- George Thompson’s Verbal Judo is a timeless classic that provides useful techniques for handling difficult people and situations.
- The updated edition includes new material on how to deal with big challenges, making it even more relevant today.
- Written in an easy-to-read style, the book is filled with interesting stories and examples that make its lessons memorable.
- The author includes a lot of personal anecdotes, which can be distracting
- The book is somewhat repetitive
- It’s geared more towards people in business or professional settings
Learn more about the author
George Thompson is a communication expert who has been teaching people how to resolve conflicts and negotiate agreements for more than 25 years.
“If you want to get ahead, get this book.”
“Verbal Judo is useful for anyone who wants to build relationships, from the CEO of a Fortune 500 company down to the average person.”
“This book should be mandatory reading for everyone on the planet.”
“In business and in personal relationships, Verbal Judo has provided me with a powerful methodology for achieving positive outcomes. It is easy to read and immediately applicable.”