Welcome to Midland is a novel about the LGBTQ+ community in Midland, Texas. It tells the story of four young people as they grow up and come to terms with their sexuality and gender identity. The book explores issues such as coming out, hate crimes, relationships, and self-acceptance.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about the LGBTQ+ community in MIDland, texas. It’s also a great read for people who are interested in learning more about different sexual orientations and gender identities.
- It is a powerful and moving story that will open the reader’s eyes to the struggles faced by LGBTQ+ people.
- It is an important book for anyone who wants to learn more about the LGBTQ+ community.
- The author has done an excellent job of capturing the emotions and experiences of young people coming out in today’s society.
- The characters are all very one-dimensional
- The plot is predictable
- It’s preachy and agenda driven
Learn more about the author
Logen Cure is an LGBTQ+ writer and activist from Midland, Texas. He started writing Welcome to Midland in 2016 after realizing that there was a lack of representation for LGBTQ+ people in his hometown.
“A powerful and important book that shines a light on the LGBTQ+ community in Midland, Texas. It’s a story that needs to be told, and Cure does it with sensitivity and grace.”
“This beautifully written novel provides a much-needed window into the lives of LGBTQ+ people living in rural America. It will make you laugh, cry, and cheer for its characters as they navigate the complicated waters of life and love.”
“This book is important. It brings to light the struggles that LGBTQ+ people face in a small, conservative town. Cure’s characters are richly drawn and their stories are heartbreaking and inspiring.”