Written by safari guide Peter Allison, “Whatever You Do, Don’t Run” is a collection of true tales from his time leading game drives in Botswana. With stories ranging from close encounters with lions and elephants to hilarious misadventures involving rogue hippos and wayward giraffes, the book offers a unique insider’s view into the fascinating world of African wildlife. Full of informative insights and amusing anecdotes, “Whatever You Do, Don’t Run” is an entertaining read for nature lovers everywhere.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who loves nature and animals, or wants to learn more about the fascinating world of African wildlife. Safari guide Peter Allison offers a unique perspective on life in Botswana, delivering entertaining stories that are full of informative insights.
- The author takes the time to share informative insights about African wildlife.
- The book is entertaining and full of amusing anecdotes.
- It offers a unique insider’s view into the fascinating world of safari guides.
- The author occasionally anthropomorphizes the animals which can be a bit juvenile
- Some of the stories are repetitious
- The book is not organized in any particular way
Learn more about the author
Peter Allison is a safari guide who has spent over two decades leading game drives in Botswana. A passionate conservationist, he is dedicating to educating people about the importance of wildlife and the natural world.
“I laughed so hard I cried.”
“The author provides an interesting and informative account of his work as a safari guide in Botswana. The tales are entertaining, full of fascinating insights into the behavior of African wildlife, and provide an enjoyable read for anyone interested in nature.”
“Anyone interested in safaris or Africa will enjoy this book. Funny, informative and exciting.”
“This book is hilarious! I never wanted to safari until I read this. Now I’m counting the days.”