Anthony Bourdain, legendary chef and author of Kitchen Confidential turns his unsparing eye to the world’s most fascinating and far-flung destinations in this irreverent guidebook. From finding the best hole-in-the wall eats in Barcelona to getting drunk with nuns in Dublin, Bourdain offers a unique take on places you thought you knew (or always wanted to visit). Featuring some of the funniest, strangest, and most unforgettable moments from Bourdain’s travels World Travel is an outrageous and insightful read sure to please fans old and new.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone interested in travel, food and culture. Anthony Bourdain offers a unique take on different places around the world – from finding the best hole-in-the wall eats to getting drunk with nuns! This irreverent guidebook is sure to please fans old and new alike.
- The author has a lot of experience with food and travel, so he knows what he’s talking about.
- The book is full of hilarious anecdotes from Bourdain’s travels.
- Bourdain offers great tips for travelers on where to eat and drink in different cities around the world.
- The author’s irreverent take on places you thought you knew or always wanted to visit may not be for everyone.
- At times the book feels more like a collection of personal anecdotes than a travel guide.
- Bourdain’s writing style can at times be crude and offensive.
Learn more about the author
Anthony Bourdain is a bestselling author and chef who has written extensively about food, travel, and the culinary arts. After working in some of America’s most prestigious kitchens, he achieved celebrity status as a result of his hit television series Kitchen Confidential. He has since traveled to more than 100 countries on assignment for various networks including CNN and Food Network.
“Anthony Bourdain is the best travel writer in the world.”
“One of the funniest, most insightful books on travel I’ve ever read.”
“I laughed out loud so many times while reading this book and it totally gave me an appreciation for Anthony Bourdain’s completely irreverent yet incredibly insightful take on the world. This is a must-read for any travel enthusiast.”