Little House in the Big Woods is a children’s audiobook written by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The story follows the life of a young girl named Laura, who lives with her family in a cabin on the edge of the woods. She spends her days playing with her siblings and exploring nature, and learns about life through observing grownups around her. This audiobook is perfect for kids who are interested in learning more about pioneer living.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for children who are interested in learning about pioneer living.
- The story is based on the real-life experiences of Laura Ingalls Wilder, which makes it a valuable historical resource.
- The narration is gentle and calming, making it perfect for bedtime stories.
- The audiobook includes sound effects and music that bring the story to life
- The book is too short
- The story is not very exciting
- It might be difficult for kids to follow along without seeing the pictures
Learn more about the author
Laura Ingalls Wilder was born in 1867, in the log cabin she would later write about in her famous Little House series of books. After moving around with her family and spending several years living on a prairie homestead, Laura settled down in Missouri with her husband Almanzo. There, she continued writing and raising chickens until her death in 1957.
“This is a great book for kids who want to learn more about pioneer living. The story is interesting and well-written, and the narrator does a good job of bringing it to life. I would definitely recommend this audiobook.”
“This is a great story that follows Laura through her young life in the wilds of Wisconsin. My kids have enjoyed listening to it and learning about how life was for pioneers.”
“My daughter loves this book! She listens to it over and over again in the car. It is a great way to introduce her to audiobooks.”