This book is a BBC Radio full-cast dramatisation of the novel by Neil Gaiman. The story follows Richard Mayhew, who becomes embroiled in the hidden world of London Below after he helps a woman named Door. He soon finds himself on an adventure that takes him to all corners of this strange and dangerous realm.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for fans of the Neil Gaiman novel of the same name, as it is a dramatisation of that story. It would also be enjoyed by those who enjoy fantasy stories with dark and dangerous elements.
- The book is a BBC Radio full-cast dramatisation, which makes it an exciting and unique experience
- The story is well written and easy to follow
- The characters are very likable and engaging
- The book may not be as enjoyable if you have never read the novel it is based on.
- The full-cast dramatisation might make some parts of the story hard to follow for those who are not familiar with the characters.
- It is a radio play, so there may be limitations when it comes to visual effects and settings.
Learn more about the author
Neil Gaiman is the bestselling author of books for adults, young adults and children. His work has won numerous awards, including the Hugo, Nebula and Bram Stoker Awards. Born in England, he now lives in America.
“Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere is brought to life in this brilliantly produced full-cast dramatisation. Richard Mayhew becomes involved in the hidden world of London Below after helping a woman named Door, and soon finds himself on an adventure that takes him to all corners of this strange and dangerous realm.”
“If you’re a fan of the book, then I think you’ll enjoy this dramatization. It does an excellent job of bringing Gaiman’s vision to life.”
“Gaiman’s wildly imaginative Neverwhere is brought to life in this BBC Radio dramatization. Richard Mayhew discovers the dark secrets of London Below when he helps a mysterious woman named Door, and soon finds himself on an adventure that takes him to all corners of this strange and dangerous realm. The cast brings Gaiman’s characters to vivid life, making for spellbinding listening.”
“Neverwhere is one of those books that’s particularly well suited for dramatization, and the BBC has done a fantastic job with this full-cast production. Gaiman’s wit and imagination come to life in strong performances by a talented cast.”