Drawing on the wisdom of Buddhism and other spiritual traditions, Radical Acceptance explores how we can learn to accept ourselves and our lives exactly as they are. Tara Brach offers a step-by-step guide that shows us how to embrace our fears and pain, connect with others, and find peace in any situation.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to accept themselves and their lives.
- This book dives deep into the topics of self-acceptance and peace.
- It is written in a way that makes it easy to understand and apply its teachings.
- Tara Brach has many years of personal experience with the concepts she discusses in this book, which lends credibility to her advice.
- The author’s writing style is a bit choppy and might be hard to follow for some readers.
- The book contains a lot of religious and spiritual jargon that may not make sense or resonate with everyone.
- It can be dense at times, requiring extra effort to read it cover to cover.
Learn more about the author
Tara Brach is a psychotherapist, meditation teacher, and the author of Radical Acceptance. She leads workshops on mindfulness and Buddhist psychology around the world and has been featured in various print and online publications.
“A life-changing read. Tara Brach’s Radical Acceptance transformed the way I view myself, others and the world around me.”
“Radical Acceptance is an amazing book that has the power to change your life. Tara Brach brings her deep wisdom and compassion to bear on a wide range of issues we all face, from fear and pain to anger and addiction. She provides clear tools for working with our difficulties, making them not only manageable but also transformative.”
“This book is a gem. It’s beautifully written, immensely wise, and full of practical guidance for living with greater courage, love, and peace.”
“One of the best books I’ve ever read on mindfulness and self-compassion.”