Endure is a book about the science of human performance. It explores the mind-body connection and how it can be used to improve physical activity. The author, Alex Hutchinson, is a journalist who has covered running and endurance sports for many years. In this book, he draws on his own personal experiences as well as interviews with experts in various fields to explore what makes humans push themselves to their limits. Whether you’re an athlete or just looking to boost your everyday fitness routine, Endure provides valuable insights into how far the human body can go when properly motivated.
For who is this book for ?
Endure is for anyone who wants to learn more about the science of human performance. It’s a great read for athletes and fitness enthusiasts, but it also has valuable insights for people who are just looking to boost their everyday physical activity. The book provides a comprehensive overview of the mind-body connection and how it can be used to improve our abilities in all sorts of activities.
- Endure provides an in-depth exploration of the science of human performance, and how the mind-body connection can be used to improve physical activity.
- The author, Alex Hutchinson, is a journalist with many years of experience writing about running and endurance sports.
- This book is filled with helpful insights that can be applied by athletes and nonathletes alike to boost their fitness routine.”Endure dives deep into understanding what makes humans push themselves to their limits physically. A great read for anyone interested in bettering themselves either athletically or simply through increasing daily productivity.”
- The book can be dense at times and may require some effort to get through.
- It doesn’t offer a lot of specific tips or advice on how to improve your own performance.
- There is a fair bit of scientific terminology that may not be familiar to all readers.
Learn more about the author
Alex Hutchinson is a journalist and author who has covered running and endurance sports for many years. He is the recipient of several awards, including the Canadian Association of Journalists award for best investigative piece in print.
“This book is great! I’m a runner and have been trying to figure out how to improve my performance. Alex Hutchinson provides clear explanations of the research on human performance along with his own insights based on his experience as both an athlete and journalist. The information in this book has helped me understand how best to train my body and mind.”
“Endure is a great read for athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels. Hutchinson does an excellent job of exploring the human mind-body connection and its impact on performance. The book is filled with interesting stories and insights from experts in various fields, as well as the author’s own personal experiences.”
“An absolutely excellent, fascinating book on the science of human performance. Hutchinson covers everything from what makes us want to push ourselves harder to how our minds and bodies work together in order to achieve seemingly superhuman feats. An indispensable read for athletes and fitness enthusiasts alike.”
“Endure is a tour de force on the secrets of human endurance. Alex Hutchinson takes us on an incredible journey from Marathon to Mount Everest, revealing what science can tell us about our mental and physical limits.”