In “Good to Great,” Collins and his team of researchers studied the history of all public companies in America over a period of forty years to find out what separates the good businesses from the great ones. They identified eleven factors that contributed to turning a good company into a great one, and they offer guidance on how to apply these principles in your own business.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for managers and business owners who are looking to make their company great. It provides step-by-step instructions on how to identify the qualities that set successful businesses apart from the rest, and shows you how to apply these principles in your own organization.
- Collins provides a framework for assessing and improving a business
- He uses extensive research to support his findings
- The book is easy to read and filled with case studies
- The eleven factors are not easily applied
- The book can be repetitive in its explanations
- It is dense reading and may be difficult to follow for the average reader
Learn more about the author
Jim Collins is a management consultant, author, and lecturer who has been featured in Time, Forbes, Fortune and other publications. He is the founder of the popular business website MorningStar Direct.
“This is not a book about financial success. This is a book about turning an average company into a great one.”
“Good to Great”
“Good to Great should be on the nightstand of every entrepreneur, CEO, and business leader.”
“If you are looking for a comprehensive guide on how to make your business great, then look no further than Jim Collins’ “