Laszlo Bock, Senior Vice President of People Operations at Google, reveals the company’s unique approach to management and employment. Drawing on revealing stories from inside one of the world’s most innovative companies, Work Rules! provides a new way of thinking about how work works.
For who is this book for ?
Laszlo Bock’s Work Rules! is for anyone who wants to understand how Google thinks about management and employment. The book provides a behind-the-scenes look at the company, revealing its unique approach to HR and employment.
- The author has firsthand knowledge of the inner workings at Google, and shares his insights in an easy-to-read style.
- Work Rules! is crammed with interesting stories and examples that illustrate its principles.
- The book offers a different way of thinking about how work works, which can be helpful for anyone looking to improve their career prospects or management skills.
- The book is dry and poorly written
- The author has a clear bias in favor of Google
- It’s outdated, as it was published in 2015
Learn more about the author
Laszlo Bock is the SVP of People Operations at Google, where he has been since 2006. He’s responsible for everything related to people at Google: recruiting, hiring, training, development, compensation and benefits.
“Bock has created the definitive guide to how Google thinks about work, and in doing so has given everyone a new way of thinking about their own careers.”
“The perfect read for anyone interested in how Google thinks about work and management.”
“If you are even remotely interested in Google, HR or management this is a must read. Even if you don’t work at a company that measures employee ‘Googliness’ (yes that’s actually a thing), the concepts and case studies can be applied elsewhere.”
” Work Rules! is a fantastic book that will change the way you think about work. “