In the second book in the Harry Potter series, Harry is back at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his second year. This time around, someone has been leaving messages on the walls telling everyone that they will die unless they close The Chamber of Secrets. With mysterious happenings going on all around him, it’s up to Harry to solve this mystery before anyone else gets hurt!
For who is this book for ?
- The author does an amazing job at creating a believable, magical world
- The characters are well developed and likable
- There is enough suspense to keep the reader engaged throughout
- It is the second book in a seven-book series, so it may be difficult to get into for those who have not read the first one.
- Some of the events that take place are quite dark and intense, making it unsuitable for younger children.
- The ending leaves many questions unanswered which will frustrate readers looking for a conclusive story arc.
Learn more about the author
J.K. Rowling is the author of the Harry Potter series and many other children’s books.
“Absolutely fantastic. Can’t wait for the next one.”
“One of my favorite books ever!”
“Rowling’s imagination and plotting are stunning as always.”
“This book is amazing! The adventure never stops.”