Bad Blood is a book about the rise and fall of Theranos, a Silicon Valley startup that promised to revolutionize the blood testing industry. However, it was eventually revealed that the company’s technology was nothing more than a fraud, and its founder Elizabeth Holmes was charged with massive securities fraud.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who is interested in the inner workings of a Silicon Valley startup, and how to spot an investment scam.
- The book is incredibly well-researched, providing a detailed account of Theranos’ rise and fall.
- It’s an interesting look inside the world of Silicon Valley startups.
- The author does a great job of telling a story that is both informative and engaging.
- The author does a great job of detailing the rise and fall of Theranos, but doesn’t offer any solutions or lessons to be learned from it.
- The book is very detailed, which may not be interesting for everyone.
- It’s a bit dated now, as the company has fallen apart years ago.
Learn more about the author
John Carreyrou is a Wall Street Journal reporter who first broke the story about Theranos’ false claims. He has written extensively about the company’s downfall, and Bad Blood is his account of how it all happened.
“Bad Blood is the riveting true story of the rise and fall of Theranos, a multibillion-dollar Silicon Valley startup, and of the extraordinary lengths Elizabeth Holmes and her employees went to build a company that was Nothing But Lies.”
“This is an amazing tale of deceit and greed. Carreyrou does a fantastic job of exposing the inner workings of Theranos and its founder Elizabeth Holmes.”
“John Carreyrou does a fantastic job of tracing the Theranos story from its inception to the present day. The tale is packed with twists and turns, but he never loses sight of what’s important – the people behind the scandal.”