The book is a memoir by Willie Nelson, telling the story of his life. It includes tales from his childhood on a farm in Texas, to his rise to fame as one of the biggest names in country music. He also writes about his personal struggles and successes, including battles with addiction and cancer.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for fans of Willie Nelson, or anyone who is interested in learning more about his life and career.
- Nelson is a great storyteller, and he provides an interesting look into his life.
- He offers insights into the music industry and struggles with addiction and cancer.
- The book is well written and easy to read.
- It’s a Long Story is currently only available in hardcover, which could make it difficult to get your hands on
- It clocks in at 448 pages, so it might be a bit daunting for some readers
- Some reviewers have complained that Nelson doesn’t go into enough detail about certain aspects of his life
Learn more about the author
“This is not just a book about my life, it’s the story of America over the past seventy-five years. I was born in 1933, so I’ve seen and experienced a lot!”
“This book is a must read for any fan of Willie Nelson. His life has been an interesting one, and he tells all in this memoir. You’ll learn about his childhood on the farm, his rise to fame as a country music singer, and all his personal struggles and successes. This is a great read!”
“It’s a Long Story is an insightful, introspective look at country music icon Willie Nelson’s life and career. The book provides readers with a unique perspective on the musician’s motivations and thoughts on his work, as well as struggles he has faced both publicly and privately. Anyone interested in learning more about Nelson or classic country music will appreciate this readable autobiography.”
“It’s a Long Story is pure Willie. He tells his story in an interesting, easy-to-read style that makes you feel like you are sitting next to him on the front porch sharing a cold one.”