This book is the third volume of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, and it covers the teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu regarding His associate Vishnumaya. Topics include Vishnu’s different incarnations, Vaishnavism versus Shaivism, and more.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who want to learn about Vishnu, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s associate, and Vaishnavism versus Shaivism.
- This book gives a comprehensive look at the teachings of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His associate Vishnumaya.
- It provides an in-depth exploration of Vaishnavism versus Shaivism.
- The topics covered are relevant and interesting, making for an enjoyable reading experience.
- The book is dry and boring in parts
- It can be difficult to follow in places
- There are some sections which are particularly relevant today
Learn more about the author
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was a spiritual master and founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), more commonly known as the Hare Krishnas, in 1965. He wrote dozens of books on Vedic philosophy and culture, including Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, which has been translated into over sixty languages.
“Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila, Book 3 is an enlightening read for Lord Vishnu devotees. His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada’s clear explanations of Vishnu’s various incarnations and the differences between Vaishnavism and Shaivism make this book a valuable resource.”
“It is a very deep book on philosophy. You really need to be familiar with the first two books of Caitanya-caritamrta before reading this one.”
“Anyone who desires to understand Lord Caitanya’s teachings must read this book.”
“A wonderful, insightful book on the philosophy of Vishnu and Vaishnavism. I learned a lot about this aspect of Hinduism that I was previously unfamiliar with, and Prabhupada’s writing makes it all very clear. Highly recommended for anyone interested in learning more about religious thought.”