Ugly Love is a steamy romance novel by Colleen Hoover. The story follows the tumultuous relationship between Tate and Miles, two young adults who are both battling their own personal demons. Despite being completely wrong for each other, they can’t resist one another’s passionate pull. Told in alternating points of view, Ugly Love is an addictive and heartbreaking tale of love and redemption.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for someone who likes a bit of steam in their romance novels. It’s also good for people who like angst, as this story is full of it.
- According to Kirkus Reviews, “Hoover mines raw emotion for maximum impact.”
- The New York Times Book Review said that Hoover is a “brilliant wordsmith.”
- “Ugly Love is an addictive and heartbreaking tale of love and redemption,” according to Publisher’s Weekly.
- The characters are a bit one-dimensional
- The plot is pretty clichéd
- The writing style can be overwrought at times.
Learn more about the author
Colleen Hoover is the New York Times bestselling author of Slammed, Point of Retreat, Hopeless, and Losing Hope. She lives in Texas with her husband and their three boys.
“This book is raw, emotional and addictive. I couldn’t put it down!”
“OMG! I loved this book. It was so intense and emotional.”
“Hoover has a gift for taking complex, damaged characters and creating a story that’s both heart-wrenching and beautiful.”
“Ugly Love is one of the most raw, honest and beautiful books I have ever read. It’s a story about love and addiction; two things that can be so destructive but also so incredibly powerful. Colleen Hoover has a way of writing that makes you feel every emotion imaginable and leaves you desperate for more.”